Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

High level plan with resource mapping and deliverables

1 reply [Last post]
Lorenzo Cecchini
User offline. Last seen 2 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello,
I'm managing a program and I'm struggling on finding the right tool for planning.

I tried Smartsheet and multiple online tools, I can't give multiple resources with diverse work allocation to a same task.
I tried MS project, visualization is pretty poor.
I tried Excel, does exactly what I need but opens the door to errors.

Basically I would work at a high level for 6 projects with the same Work Break down structure. Each project will have the same 10 main tasks.
Each project has common resources and also specific resources dedicated to projects.
Along each task there are milestones / deliverables proper to each project.

I would visualize the milestones and deliverables over the task bar for visualization purpose.

To map resources, I would assign a work allocation also to deliverables, in order to do not complexif with multiple tasks but consider the workload of the resource in delivering something e.g. a workshop in the middle of a long task.

Any advise?

Thank you,
Lorenzo

Replies

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 12 hours 57 min ago. Offline

It looks like you are looking for a resource pooling software. There are plenty available in the market. Try to search via internet and check which one meets your requirement.