Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Re-Baseline with actual progress

10 replies [Last post]
Abderrahim OUBDI
User offline. Last seen 3 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
ALL- After series of delays in the project that i'v been working on, the client ask for a re-baseline of the planning. I'm wondering if i could re-baseline with actual progress and submit it as the new baseline of the project. Or, should i remove all actual progress and start all over to match actual dates and then submit it clear of any progress. Thanks,

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 days 13 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None

go into S2 and make S1 as a baseline then go to maintian baslines and then select update and choose what you want to update from S2 into S1

Rashid Iqbal
User offline. Last seen 1 year 35 weeks ago. Offline

Submitting S2 as a Re-Baseline-002 is an acceptable practice.

Having said that if the shedule is resource loaded and you are doing EV, PV etc out of schedule then it will be somewhat different procedure.

Fouad Guedouari
User offline. Last seen 4 years 3 weeks ago. Offline

I would like to say that: 

S1 is my initial planning and let's say S11 is the update of S1 on 25/02/2020.

S2 = S1+new WBS and new tasks

how to import the S11 (the update version) into S2?

Zoltan Palffy

I do not understand why you need to importthe S1 in S2 with the updated tasks

because you said

(S2 = S1 + new tasks) 

The tasks are already in there 

Fouad Guedouari
User offline. Last seen 4 years 3 weeks ago. Offline

Hello,

I have my initial schedule (S1), I updated this schedule on February 25.

In the meantime, I created a new schedule (S2 = S1 + new tasks) by adding new tasks and WBS, how to make this S2 as baseline for my previous schedule and maintain the progress of S1?

How to import the S1 in S2 with the updated tasks?

Regards

Fouad

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 5 hours 3 min ago. Offline

http://www.planningplanet.com/blog/baseline-change-management

Be reminded that by making the updated schedule version the new baseline all variance is erased.  Needless to say this new updated schedule must meet current contract conditions and milestones.

• I favor making updated schedule equal to your new baseline rather than using the other complicated alternate procedures equally acceptable to the DOD. 
  • Errors can be avoided if you look at prior versions to look at variance against prior baselines rather than implementing the cumbersome alternate procedures.
Zoltan Palffy

you can NOT remove the actulas they are a permanent recored of what happend when on the project. 

Recschedule your project from this point forward adjusting durations and andy sequences make sure that after you schedule the project that your completion date is on or before the contractual completion date. 

This is the revised basleine schedule.

Santosh Bhat
User offline. Last seen 51 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

What do you mean by "is it allowable" , your first recourse is to understand what your own contract specifies in regards to this.

Abderrahim OUBDI
User offline. Last seen 3 years 41 weeks ago. Offline

Of course it should be with actual dates. The question here is it allowable to send to the owner a re-baseline with activiities status marked as started and progress assigned

Zoltan Palffy

you must re-basline with actuals this is your new line in the sand