Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Remaining Late Unit tabulated based on Early Finish Date

3 replies [Last post]
Afiqah Samsuri
User offline. Last seen 5 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi.

Basically the situation is I need to do a revise programme, so I used the latest updated schedule, revise and re-baseline it. So from the revised programme, I input new resources as I need to generate S-Curve with 3 main elements which are Planned Early Finish, Planned Late Finish and Actual. I used  resource assignment then paste the tabulation in excel. 

The problem now is why cumulative remaining late qty tabulated same with cumulative remaining early qty? And the remaining late finish (date) column date is blank. It's like the quantity for late finish used the early finish date, so that's why the tabulation is same.

resource.jpg

I already check the late finish date it is later than early finish date. No negative TF. Calendars for that activity is same. No open links. And new data date 1 week was before the early start of the activities.

Is it because before this, the activity should have been started but not started, and now in the revised programme, the activity should not started yet?

If anyone encounter this problem and solved it, please share. I have been googled and found nothing.

Thanks

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 days 4 hours ago. Offline

if there is 0 float then the Late Start and early start must be the SAME this is the definition of 0 float

so the late start CAN NOT BE it should be later than early start date if the float is 0.

check your remaining durations turn on your decimal places (this is under edit user preferences time unist tab duration format)

and make sure that the rmaing durations are whole numbers if the are not this can cause a 1 day activity to be spread over 2 dasys. and a 2 day actvity to be spread over 3 days etc. This is bacuse the activity starts on the 1st day and finishes by noon on the next day which causes the successor to start on noon and finish on noon the NEXT day. 

Afiqah Samsuri
User offline. Last seen 5 years 11 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Zoltan.

There is no 0 float, and I checked the late start it should be later than early start date. 

But the problem already solve. I tried change duration for one activity, reschedule, and then change the activity's duration back to the original one, and reschedule again. Then only the resource assignment is correct. I don't know why but maybe it's because the primavera version I'm using is not stable.

Thanks by the way

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 days 4 hours ago. Offline

if the total float is zero then they should be the same