Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Any Client Planner Please

1 reply [Last post]
Debosky Wale
User offline. Last seen 3 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I worked as a client-planner and based on site with our contractors.

On a monthly basis, the contractors send their LV 4 xer Programme which feeds into my LV3 programme for progress monitoring and control. Progress has been slow in the last couple of months, and my manager has now asked me to start doing weekly lookahead and update programme based on a weekly meeting with our Project Engineer - Clients PE. The aim is to afford visibility of any delays at the early stage and challenge EPC contractors appropriately. I feel whatever info regarding progress being supplied by in-house PE/PMs cannot be accurately correctly as they don't have absolute control of the work and this method is not practicable. Can I get an idea of the best way to manage this, welcome advise from previous client planners?

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

Hi Debosky

It seems as though you are trying to achive a rolling wave method where you rely on sub contractors operating on a monthly level 4 update while you are trying to report on a level 3 summary.

This will never work and it will be imposible to do a weekly look ahead until you switch your own master programme to level 4 detail.

You will then be able to do your own weekly progress updates and inform the subbies how they are progressing yourself.

Best regards

Mike Testro