Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Hook Time Analysis

4 replies [Last post]
Paddy Doherty
User offline. Last seen 1 year 11 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi All

I am currently working on tendering for a job which will use a 160T crane. My problem is ( New to the tendering game) i am struggling to work out what the hook time is and if we require 2 cranes for the duration of the job, Production percentages etc

Is there a excel spreadsheet or any examples that somone could help me with?  How would i work out the hook time etc

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 3 days 19 hours ago. Offline
Hi Paddy I have a paper on Hook Time based on Asta PowerProject. PM me with an email and I will send it to you. Best regards Mike T.
Patrick Weaver
User offline. Last seen 1 week 5 days ago. Offline

The best tool to use is a Multi-Activity Chart to work out key cycle times then its a process of extrapolating the cycle times to various quantities and looking at alternatives (eg, using a pump instead of a crane for lifting concrete).  Multi-Activity Charts are described at: https://www.mosaicprojects.com.au/WhitePapers/WP1025_Multi-Activity_Charts.pdf

Paddy Doherty
User offline. Last seen 1 year 11 weeks ago. Offline

My other question would be is there a basic formula to work out the number of lifts required per day from the tonnage of steel in each wall/base.

I seen something on another thread for tower cranes tha had an example:

Maerial Type    Volume     Container    Capacity   Hooks  Programme Tasks   Hour per day  work day  hook per day

Rebar in slab     69T          Sling            1.2          58             5                           12             3               4  

I was wondering what the work day value was and how that relates to hook per day

Mark Hogan
User offline. Last seen 24 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
I'm no expert on high rise but it would be worth speaking to the crane hirer and manufacturer.To get a good balance, I would speak to manufacturers of similiar capacity machines too.Let me know how you get on