Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Does the construction materials procurement time get entered into the project plan?

2 replies [Last post]
Timothy Reducha
User offline. Last seen 6 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello everyone! 

I am a planning neophyte, and my first thought, was wether or not i should be entering the procurement time into my schedule. In this case, i'm buiding a cinema. The procurement time i've been given for ceiling materials by the suppliers is 6 to 8 weeks.

Does this get entered into my project plan? I'm assuming it does, because that way, it will show, that the adjoining task, installation of the ceiling, is not starting late because of poor planning, but because i'm waiting for the delivery of my materials.

Thank you

Replies

Suni Naduvath
User offline. Last seen 5 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Any one have detailed cinema construction schedule ?

please help the break WBS and activities details

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 1 week 3 days ago. Offline

Hi Timothy

Yes you should place the procurement duration into your programme.

I use a sub chart with the procurement tasks starting with release of design details followed by:

1. Tender

2. Workshop drawings

3. Approval

4. Manufacture / Procurement

5. Delivery

6. Stock take / storage

These are all linked FS and then linked to the first activity task that needs the materials using an ALAP link.

Then if:

a. The design is late then the progress on site is delayed.

b. If the work is delayed the designer has more time.

Best regards

Mike Testro