Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Unable to delete activities & Links on P6 8.3

1 reply [Last post]
ismail arnaout
User offline. Last seen 8 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Explanation: I have recently started using primavera (p6 version 8.3) in shared mode, and I am encountering a new problem where many actions done are not really saved. For example, when I delete an activity, at first it doesn’t show anymore, but when I close the project and reopen it, it appears again as if it hasn’t been deleted. Moreover, same applies for a change of links: The modification is done at first, but then upon closing and reopening of the project, the change is no longer applicable.

It is important to note that when I make a copy of the project, all the changes show (as if the problem didn’t happen), but it is not very reliable to keep making copies of the project to avoid this problem.

Has anyone encountered something similar and can give me advice please?

Replies

John Mol
User offline. Last seen 7 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I have this EXACT same issue!  Only I am running P6 v16.2 on Windows 10.  Does anyone have any idea how to fix this problem?  I've searched Oracle's support database with no luck.  Thank you.