Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Claim delay submission

3 replies [Last post]
moh ham
User offline. Last seen 8 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Can anybody advice if there is any code or standard mention the  contain of the claim submission by the contractor, and can I instruct the contractor as an engineer for the project to use a specified way of analyzing the claim such as window analysis for example.

Thank you

Replies

Patrick Weaver
User offline. Last seen 5 days 18 hours ago. Offline

There are multiple methods of claiming and assessing delays. Restricting options is unlikely to be helpful.  For a brief summary of the options offered by AACEi and the 'Delay & Disruption Protocol' see: http://www.mosaicprojects.com.au/Resources_Papers_035.html 

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 1 week 4 days ago. Offline

Hi Moh

If you are receiving a delay claim for review it is best to wait until the submission arrives and then make comments.

If you try to restrict the claimant's methods it will work against you if it goes to a dispute tribunal.

In any case I would never suggest a Windows analysis.

Best regards

Mike Testro

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 days 14 hours ago. Offline

I think you need to first look at what your scheduling specifcation says in that regard. If it is silent you can certainly recommend an analysis type and point out the pros and cons of using this type of analysis