Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

How to Make Critical Path Drag a Standard PM Metric?

No replies
Stephen Devaux
User offline. Last seen 19 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

I just posted a new blog article titled “How to Make Critical Path Drag a Standard PM Metric?”. You can find it here.

After posting a number of articles in the past few weeks about drag and drag cost, I am now genuinely asking for suggestions/advice.

This article is also the lead-off for a new feature on my blog: a new discussion forum  where readers can now go to:

#1. Respond to discussion topics like this one and others I will be launching, and

#2. Start their own threads to discuss Total Project Control techniques and/or other project management (or other!) topics that are of interest.

I’ve already started a thread to get your advice. Once you’ve read the article, just click on the FORUM tab and let me know how you might go about spreading the word about drag and drag cost, and especially getting software companies to start including these critical metrics. And enjoy the Forum but please keep all discussions respectful and courteous.

Have a great weekend!

Fraternally in project management,

Steve the Bajan