Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Rules of credit - drawings

4 replies [Last post]
Dennis Hanks
User offline. Last seen 7 years 50 weeks ago. Offline

Is there general agreement on the rules of credit for drawing development? I'm using: Start 10%, Check 70%, Approve 90%, Issue 100%. Any thoughts appreciated.

Please note what industry the rules apply. The above rules came from an Oil and Gas client. Thanks.

Replies

Hi,

This is normally used for process industry and power plants. Preliminary dubmittal will give you complete understanding of the system design requirements and in intermediate submittal will provide clear indications of progress towards design completion and resoulation of design problems and changes including icorporation of all items of agreed action based on previoues review comments. This stage will include all calculations.

Regards

Hi,

This is normally used for process industry and power plants. Preliminary dubmittal will give you complete understanding of the system design requirements and in intermediate submittal will provide clear indications of progress towards design completion and resoulation of design problems and changes including icorporation of all items of agreed action based on previoues review comments. This stage will include all calculations.

Regards

Dennis Hanks
User offline. Last seen 7 years 50 weeks ago. Offline

Wagas;

Thanks. What industry? What does each category mean? E.g. what would be in/or different in Intermediate Design Package that was not in Preliminary Design Package?

Hi,

i have done it as follows;

10%-Design Program Initial Submittal

30%-Preliminary Design Package

60%-Intermediate Design Package Submittal

90%-Pre-final design Package Submittal

100%-Final Design Package Submittal (or Issued for Construction).

I hope this will help you.

Regards,

Waqas