Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Can I make changes current activities once EOT is Granted due to Extra work

6 replies [Last post]
AB Timo
User offline. Last seen 9 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear All;

I have an approved baseline & now client is asking to add scope of work that was not initially include in the contract.

we have EOT of 30 days to accomodate these extra activities.

Can I change (delay) existing activities by 30 days also.

or

I have only right to show new scope in 30 days of EOT and keep existing schedule the same?

I also need some clause or reference to validate.

Thanks

Replies

Santhosh kumar Na...
User offline. Last seen 6 years 18 weeks ago. Offline

Since you have got EOT of 30 days granted from client. You have to submit revised baseline with new completion date, upon adding new scope the schedule you will have the additonal floats for other original scope activiites. It is not necessary to change other original activities to get the benefit of EOT since the delay of other original acitivites with the float will not impact your project completion.

Better to keep those original acitivitie as it is and use this additional float of 30 days or so? instead of changing, coz you may find hard to convince the client, (why, what, how come you reduce or increase the resource, why u move the crew etc.)

Sunil Babu
User offline. Last seen 4 years 37 weeks ago. Offline

Hi AB

If the extra works doesn't fall more than 30 days , for the safer side of the project you can provide some lag if necessary.

Or you can adjust the work durations.

Regards,

Sunil.

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

Hi AB

The 30 day adjustment will create extra float on sub critical tasks.

You should not try to adjust planned tasks to take up this slack because by rights it belongs to the Employer.

However the contractor may be able to use it to absorb his own delays on a first come first served basis.

Best regards

Mike Testro

Kannan CP
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

Hi Timo,

If the overall contractual completion date is revised and agreed by the Client, the existing ongoing activites can be moved to the allowed 30 days, unless any other wordings are mentioned in the EOT award documents.

Kannan

AB Timo
User offline. Last seen 9 years 6 weeks ago. Offline

Dear Mike;

Thank you for your reply.

yes New work is adding 30 Days and EOT is accepted already from client.

Mt question is that when I'll submit the revised schedule to client, can I make changes to other activities also that are not related to this extra scope of work.

I was thinking that because I have now 30 more days, I can delay some activities but do not know that it is allowed or not.

Regards

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

Hi AB

First you must incorporate the new works into your original programme to see if the 30 days allowance is sufficient.

If the new works create less than 30 days then add a bit to the durations to make up the difference.

If it is more than 30 days then show why you need more time to do the work.

The normal contract clauses would be delay caused by Variations / Instructions.

Best regards

Mike Testro