Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Free Advanced Planning & Scheduling Webinar

3 replies [Last post]
Alasdair Pressney
User offline. Last seen 10 years 6 days ago. Offline

Hello Everybody,

Arvense Group and PlanetTogether are hosting two Advanced Planning and Scheduling (APS) webinars. The webinars will introduce the benefits of Galaxy APS software and associated production management concepts such as quality management, theory of constraints and lean. 

In the webinar you will learn:

• The value of APS
  • How APS is different from ERP, and how they work together
  • How to synchronize resources across multiple plants
  • How to reduce overtime
  • How to increase delivery performance
  • How to gain visibility

Key Features of Galaxy APS Software:

• Run multiple "What-IF" scheduling scenarios
  • Easily create optimized, up-to-date schedules
  • Rapidly generate make/buy plans to satisfy demand
  • Standardize and coordinate acrouss plants around the globe
  • Tightly integrate your ERP, MES and supply chain systems
  • Real-time, 360-degree view of your operations
  • Keep it safe and simple with a Microfot .net/SQL based platform
  • Develop and prioritize\ metrics

To sign up for our April 22nd webinar @ noon CST:

https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5328092968208001025

To sign up for our April 25th webinar @ noon CST:

https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3549654900513046529

We hope to see you all there!

Arvense Group and PlanetTogether

www.arvensegroup.com

www.planettogether.com

Replies

Stephen Devaux
User offline. Last seen 18 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

I posted a reply to Alasdair yesterday. It took a loooong time to post. Finally, it seemd to post in that it showed up on my computer. But not on the  content in the Forum lists, for some reason. So I don't know if anyone else can see it.

At the risk of annoying some by double-posting, here is my post again:

"We do cover drag cost / liquidated damages in more detailed follow-on workshop."

Alasdair, I am duly impressed!

I will say that I do think that that a webinar called "Advanced Planning & Scheduling" should talk a bit about drag, if only to show how to use it to pull in a schedule. After all, that's what a scheduler has to do when a project starts slipping. And I suspect that having your marketing materials list CP drag as an "advanced" topic you cover could be a differentiator for you -- after all, most scheduling instructors have never even heard of it! You could just show how to compute it in an eight-activity all-FS network.

If you need any exercises in drag (or drag cost) calculation, send me a message -- I've got loads of 'em from my graduate classes and I'd be only too happy to share them with someone who teaches the concepts.

Fraternally in project management,

Steve the Bajan

Alasdair Pressney
User offline. Last seen 10 years 6 days ago. Offline

Steve,

Thanks for your question.

Due to time limitations, the webinar will focus primarily on contraints management in a production atmosphere. It will address the impact of losing time at the constraint to the overall system, but not specifically discuss critical path drag and drag cost.

We do cover drag cost / liquidated damages in more detailed follow-on workshop.

-Alasdair

Stephen Devaux
User offline. Last seen 18 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

"Advanced Planning and Scheduling", eh? I taught a graduate class with exactly that title for several years at Brandeis University. Can I assume that these webinars, and the Galaxy APS Software, will cover critical path drag and drag cost?

Fraternally in project management,

Steve the Bajan