Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Group Totals Not Calculating Correctly P6 7.0 SP 4.0

2 replies [Last post]
Nathanial Wheeler...
User offline. Last seen 7 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi there,

For no reason I can tell, my schedule has suddenly started showing Group Totals in my layout that do not add up correctly, although the activity durations are correct.

From past experience this is usually a calendar issue. I am using a Project Calendar, and the Hours per Time Period checkbox to use assigned calendar is ticked. I am using a 11hr / Day, 7 day a week calendar. Upon looking into the Global calendars, a 38hr week calendar is clicked as a default. Could this be causing the issue? I have done some calculations and it appears that some of the totals are being calculated on a 38hr week, but not in every case.

I know the Global calendar issue was a problem in V6.0 but I was under the impression that the Project Calendar would overide in v7.0. is this the case?

Is there something else I may be missing? The only major work that has been done recently is a colleague removed all the WBS Summary activities from the schedule.

Can anyone provide any way forward?

With Regards,

Replies

Nathanial Wheeler...
User offline. Last seen 7 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Thank you, my calendar is set correctly via the way you demonstrated.

I forgot to mention that I do not have permissions to change any Globals, and that is why I have not changed the Global Calendar.

With Regards,

Shareef Abdul Azeez
User offline. Last seen 2 years 43 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Nathnial

Go to 'Enterprise ----Projects'. ....Select your Project 

Click the 'Defaults Tab' and change the Calendar that is assigned there.