Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Conversion of P6 Programme to P3 Format

4 replies [Last post]
muzammil pasha
User offline. Last seen 11 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear All,

Can we Convert P6 Programme file to P3???

Ur Reply will be Appreciated..

Thanks

Replies

Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 6 weeks ago. Offline

Due to licensing issues, P6 can only create the P3 files if P3 is installed on the same machine as P6.  P6 then uses the P3’s Btrieve software to perform the action. They have to be on the same machine for this to work.

The other option seems to be your recommended path.  Create an XER file and use the XERP330Convert.exe program to create the needed P3 file.  Use the P330XERConvert.exe program to change a P3 fine into an XER.  The programs can be downloaded from the Oracle (lack of) Support site.  Good Luck!

Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 4 years 46 weeks ago. Offline

Ronald,

The v7.0 I use is on a web-based citrix system -Presumably the reason I can't export to P3 using that is because my P3 is installed on my laptop, and the v7.0 is installed on another machine? Or am I being thick and missing a menu option or something?

Cheers,

G

Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 6 weeks ago. Offline

The ‘work around’ for P6 Version 7+ users is to have P3 installed on your computer.  Then P6 will create the P3 files directly. 

Otherwise, you can download a zip file called, P3Converter.zip from the Oracle/Primavera website.  The zip file contains two programs; XERP330Convert.exe and P330XERConvert.exe.  One changes a P6 XER backup file into P3 files and the other performs the opposite process.   Good luck!

Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 4 years 46 weeks ago. Offline

I have an older version (P6.2) which lets me do it.

I have a newer version (P7.0) which does not.

I'm not sure if there is a workaround for newer versions