Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Schedule and Cost impacts in P6 Risk analysis

3 replies [Last post]
AB Timo
User offline. Last seen 9 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi all planners,

I am Evaluating Risks and also the impacts on Cost and Schedule dates of the Projects (for the first Time) ,Following are the issues that i have faced till now,

1- i have entered a risk,its impact date, WBS to which risk applies, and impacted Labor,Nonlabor units and expenses.but when ever i Calculate the impact,inly impact on cost is shown and no impact on schedule is calculated.i wonder if there is some step I am missing.

For example,

Risk Type: Rainy Season

Effected Date: 01-12-2011

Effected Labor units: 30

Other expense: $5000.

Risk Priority: Top

Now when I calculate the Impact it only shows the impact on ost.But logically when Working units (days) are delayed (Non work), then I should also Change the schedule dates and show the schedule impact also.yes I know that one way is to creat a calender of non work days,but this is just an example to clarify my query.

2-suppose that the Risk is applied to a certain activity.i have not found any option that can be used for this purpose.Because when you apply it to WBS,primavera P6 performs top down estimation for all activities in the specified WBS.

Any expert advice shall be highly appriciate.

best Regards.

Replies

AB Timo

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the advice.I was just wondering that may be I am not sure to use Risks Tab.

Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 4 years 46 weeks ago. Offline

I think that's your problem.

I think what you are expecting P6 to do is precisely what PRA does.

AB Timo

Please note that i am not Using Primavera Risk analysis.I am Using primavera p6 and Risks "Tab"

Regards