Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

iPad Apps

3 replies [Last post]
Hemanth Kumar
User offline. Last seen 42 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

is there any iPad app for viewing or editing MSP files ??

and  what apps you recomend for a planner ??

Replies

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 3 hours 23 min ago. Offline

Hemanth,

Thanks for the reference, just downloaded it.

I don't believe remote access and virtualization are the same, you can have remote access to your computer without running virtualization, virtualization can allow a server to run hundreds of virtual machines, one for each user, this provides security on the server among many other things.

In corporate environment I would use virtualization combined with the remote access that comes integral within the virtualization software, for personal use simple remote access without virtualization to my PC is enough.

I use a free Microsoft virtualization software that creates a virtual XP machine to run old software not compatible with Windows 7 64 bit as 64 bit can create compatibility issues with old software. It does not provide remote access but to me it is a must have.

For the installation of some software that get locked with a re-install and deny you access to the database MS Virtual PC can be a solution.

Best regards,

Rafael

Hemanth Kumar
User offline. Last seen 42 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Thanks Rafael

i was looking for project viewer etc

for virualization i use  "teamviewer" which is free

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 3 hours 23 min ago. Offline

take a look at the following link for a few suggestions,

http://www.cloudave.com/526/the-10-best-must-have-ipad-apps-for-business/

if you have no ipad but a smart phone consider GotomyPC

http://www.gotomypc.com/remote_access/remote_access

I made a trial run on my iphone and it was amazing, I suppose virtualization on an ipad must be 10x better experience.