Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

iPad Apps

3 replies [Last post]
Hemanth Kumar
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

is there any iPad app for viewing or editing MSP files ??

and  what apps you recomend for a planner ??

Replies

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 5 hours 31 min ago. Offline

Hemanth,

Thanks for the reference, just downloaded it.

I don't believe remote access and virtualization are the same, you can have remote access to your computer without running virtualization, virtualization can allow a server to run hundreds of virtual machines, one for each user, this provides security on the server among many other things.

In corporate environment I would use virtualization combined with the remote access that comes integral within the virtualization software, for personal use simple remote access without virtualization to my PC is enough.

I use a free Microsoft virtualization software that creates a virtual XP machine to run old software not compatible with Windows 7 64 bit as 64 bit can create compatibility issues with old software. It does not provide remote access but to me it is a must have.

For the installation of some software that get locked with a re-install and deny you access to the database MS Virtual PC can be a solution.

Best regards,

Rafael

Hemanth Kumar
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Thanks Rafael

i was looking for project viewer etc

for virualization i use  "teamviewer" which is free

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 5 hours 31 min ago. Offline

take a look at the following link for a few suggestions,

http://www.cloudave.com/526/the-10-best-must-have-ipad-apps-for-business/

if you have no ipad but a smart phone consider GotomyPC

http://www.gotomypc.com/remote_access/remote_access

I made a trial run on my iphone and it was amazing, I suppose virtualization on an ipad must be 10x better experience.