Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Remeasurable contract-Progress Calculation, S curv for progress and payment

No replies
arif hameed
User offline. Last seen 13 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear Friends,

I would like to get guidance for calculating progress and producing curvs for a remeasurable contract +/- 20% contract value.

I would like to brief the project first.

It is a sewer pipeline work and the whole scope is divided in to small sections.

Each section is alloted quantity as per the contract drawings.

The Boq amount is distributed pro rated as per the above quaintities, curves are produced and approved. The engineer/consultant has instructed on measuring the progress as per the amout claimed, i e work done at site.

This is the basis for progress measurement as per the engineer's requirement.

Actual Scenario.

There is huge discrepancy in the quaitities and actual quantities doesnt match as per the contract drawings, implies the amount assigned to the activity will not be valid anymore and the baseline curv will not represent the correct planned progress and also the actual progress curv cannot show the correct progress.

For example:

if activity xxxxx is assigned an amount of 1000 for 10 m pipeline in baseline, and as per the site condition, the length is 15 m and the actual progress is 100%, then the progress contributd is 1000 only instead of 1500.

Apart from this , there is some scope in the sections which is completely deleted and in some sections the scope which was not there in contract drawing has appeared.

I would like to  know how to control the progress(plan & actual) and how to reflect  the appearance & deletion  of scope in the updating versions.