Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Planning guide for re-measured contract

2 replies [Last post]
Mervilyne Pangan...
User offline. Last seen 1 year 32 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Friends,

Baseline Approved base on the Contract BOQ. Since its a re measured contract, monthly my quantities vary.

Please suggest me a proper way to monitor the progress, provide Plan % progress (Is it base on the Contract BOQ) then how about for the actual % progress? theres a new and deleted activities as well. I prepare the remaining quantities base on the contract BOQ however, still not accurate because of the changing quantity.

Hoping for response.

Thanking you,

Replies

Adrian Nicholas
User offline. Last seen 7 years 2 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Mervilyne, 

The baseline schedule should always remain as per the contract quantities. What you can do is to just change your remaining hence at completion which would show your forecast is much more/less than the baseline. You can choose to measure your performance either with the baseline or forecast subject to you agreeing with the client.

Cheers,

Adrian N

Ryan Lytollis
User offline. Last seen 10 years 36 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Mervilyne,

As its a re-measure can you not just enter actuals? I am assuming the re-measure is done after the work and not during or before? if it is before or during re-measure can you not increase the qty on the schedule then once a month or whenever your progress has been agreed re baseline the works with the re-measured qtys.

I wouldn't delete any activity I would set them to have Zero units etc as deleted activities show when using claim digger and could look like your trying to hide something.

regards

Ryan