Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

a great puzzle in CPM network can someone help me??

11 replies [Last post]
sherif saied
User offline. Last seen 14 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
if some one interested to solve , i can attach it to him via email....i tried to solve it a lot but it’s too tricky

sherif saied

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Hi Sherif

Samer has sent me a copy of your puzzle in PDF.

I have no intention of doing your coursework for you but the method of solution is very simple and should take you about 30 minutes.

Set the tasks A B C D etc into a gantt chart using the durations and links as stated.

Set them all to ASAP and reschedule - note the dates.

Fix the chart as a baseline and set the tasks to ALAP and reschedule - note the dates.

You now compare the early dates with the later dates. (NET - NLT - which Samer tells me means Not Earlier Than and Not Later Than)

To my mind the whole excercise is completely pointless and is teaching you bad programming habits.

Best regards

Mike Testro
sherif saied
dear guys,

please if any one has a good experience in CPM networks give to me his email to send the puzzle to him because it’s important for me in master degree....the time is an important factor to me for solving it to submit it as soon as possible

regards sherif
sherif saied
hi samer,

you didn’t reply me for my puzzle about CPM network ....is something in it not clear??
sherif saied
dear mike

i’m glad to speak with you , it’s a tricky puzzle ss & ff relations in each activity STF , FTF ,NLT,NET, ES, EF,LS,LF,OD,SS...,FF... some of these items is missed you have to complete it but STF(start total float) & FTF(finish total float) must be different in values...i don’t know what’s meant by NLT & NET...i sent the puzzle to samer’s email ...i hope that we reach a solution for this....thanks for your interest

sherif saied
sherif saied
dear samer

i sent the puzzle to your email ... if you found a solution it’s a great progress waiting for your reply ...thanks for your interest

sherif saied
sherif saied
i sent the puzzle to your email samer , if you find a solution reply me again ...thanks for your interest
Samer Zawaydeh
User offline. Last seen 5 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Hello Mike,

Indeed. Seems that our new friend has something to share, but doesn’t know the write place to post it.

Have a great evening,

Samer
Mike Testro
Hi Samer

Two minutes apart with the same response - wow.

Best regards

Mike Testro.
Samer Zawaydeh
User offline. Last seen 5 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Sherif,

If it is fiction, post it under "Trivia". Otherwise, you can explain it to us, in order to assist you.

With kind regards,

Samer
Mike Testro
Hi Sherif

This sounds like it should be in the Trivia section.

Please be more specific.

Best regards

Mike Testro
Mike Testro
Hi Sherif

What software is it?

Best regards

Mike Testro