Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

33 Kv Cable Laying

4 replies [Last post]
Amr Diab
User offline. Last seen 7 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hey

Any idea about how long it should take to laydown 10Km of 33Kv Cable in normal conditions ??

Thanks,

Amr

Replies

Nestor Principe
User offline. Last seen 12 years 45 weeks ago. Offline
Knowing where the joints are will help. If not available make assumption base on maximum length of cable in a, is it cable drum.

Cheers.
Charleston-Joseph...
User offline. Last seen 2 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
You still have to do excavation, machine excavation or manual excavation: 700mm wide by 1000mm deep. Duration per meter = ?

You will have to do sand bedding: 30mm thk. Duration per meter = ?

Then you lay the cable, machine laying manual laying: Duration per meter = ?

Then you will place cable marker: Duration per meter = ?

Then you will backfill: Duration per meter = ?

If you can figure it out, then, all you have to do is add the figure you arrive in ?. That will give you the Duration per meter. Multiply the value by 10,000 and the answer will give you the total duration for 10K

Cheers,
Happy Planning and Scheduling
Amr Diab
User offline. Last seen 7 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
Exactly, as u said it’s in the deseret , i have no info exceptExactly, as u said it’s in the desert, I have no info except its 10km 33kv cable
I m assuming that there is no special requirements; I just need to know the max duration it will take.

Thanks,
Charleston-Joseph...
User offline. Last seen 2 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
You have to give project specific,

Are you trying to say,only cable, no trenching, no obstruction, no traffic diversion, no backfilling and rectification of roadworks.

Normal condition in middle east, in the desert somewhere in no mans land

give more information

Cheers,
Happy Planning and Scheduling