Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Rock excavation planning

7 replies [Last post]
Jason Chan
User offline. Last seen 15 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear planners,

I’m very glad if anyone could advise the production rates / resources / sequence regarding the rock excavation works in detail to my email: w_jason_w@hotmail.com

In more specific, how can I plan the maximum resources (no. of gang) in a site area of 130mx110m? I plan to use drilling and breaking method. Any factor that I need to be considered in programming?

Thank you so much

JC

Replies

Maask Kharadi
User offline. Last seen 15 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Yes its alright...
Samer Zawaydeh
User offline. Last seen 5 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Jason,

Please compare the hardness of the Rock that you are getting with the Soil report. The productivity rates will depend on the hardness of the rock and what kind of equipment you need to move it.

Best,

Samer
Ferdinand Fincale...
User offline. Last seen 8 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
Sorry for triple posting. Maybe due to my system/network problem.
Ferdinand Fincale...
Hi Jason,

In addition to Abhi’s advice, I suggest for you to make some research with your construction section especially with the construction manager regarding the type of equipment to be used and the size and number of gangs they intend to utilize in site. Besides, the productivity rate that maybe given by the construction section is often the correct one as per site situations that includes the skill level of the workers and the number of work hours per day.

In Service,
Ferdinand
Ferdinand Fincale...
Hi Jason,

In addition to Abhi’s advice, I suggest for you to make some research with your construction section especially with the construction manager regarding the type of equipment to be used and the size and number of gangs they intend to utilize in site. Besides, the productivity rate that maybe given by the construction section is often the correct one as per site situations that includes the skill level of the workers and the number of work hours per day.

In Service,
Ferdinand
Ferdinand Fincale...
Hi Jason,

In Service,
Ferdinand
Abhijit Kale
User offline. Last seen 5 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Jason,
For drilling and breaking which equipment you are going to use?
If it is excavator with breaker, please check oput the user manual catalog of the equipment, for the production norms as per the properties of rock.
You can work out the time cycle for excavation of per cum of rock on your own and bench mark the productivity per cum for the work.

Cheers,
Abhi