Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Scoring System

5 replies [Last post]
Oliver Melling
User offline. Last seen 4 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: The GrapeVine
PPlanet,

Does anyone use a scoring system within their company to gauge the quality of the planning?

Replies

Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 2 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
my answer to post # 1 is No.

but checking if "details are enough" is quite subjective especially if you’re dealing with engineering (design) and procurement.

I guess you can only check it generally by making sure that the whole contacted "scope of works" are covered (just to establish the baseline), but as you go further, things will be different if Design Details are coming into your hand.

I suggest to put a scoring system for schedule revisions as well.
Oliver Melling
Can you divulge any further information about your scoring system?
Trevor Rabey
User offline. Last seen 1 year 22 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
yes
Oliver Melling
Like checking if it has enough detail, if the logic is any good, if it is properly resourced, if it has been optimized, if it is in line with the planning procedures etc.
Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 2 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
like computing percent progress? or win or lose?