Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

pdf

6 replies [Last post]
Hemanth Kumar
User offline. Last seen 43 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Groups: None
HI ALL

Whenever I Set Up To Print To PDF From P3

P3 automatically Switches Back To Default Printer ,and prints

P3 Prints To PDF Ony When I Make PDF As default Printer
Any Solution

Uses Acrobat Professional-6
P3.V2

Hemant

Replies

Paul Harris
User offline. Last seen 1 year 5 weeks ago. Offline
There is quite a lot on this on the Primavera Knowledgebase.

In summary to get Primavera to print to Acrobat Distiller,

1. Load Primavera Service Pack 3.
2. Always set the default printer in Printer and Faxes that you wish to use with P3
3. Create and set a Port for the Acrobat printer driver in the driver properties with a short path. Do this by:
a. Create a new folder on a Local Drive that has no spaces or symbols, has 8 characters or less, and is no more than 5 levels deep. For example, C:\PDFPort or I use C:\P3\P3OUT
b. Go to Start, Settings, Printers. Right-click on the icon for Acrobat Distiller and select Properties.
c. Select the Ports tab, then click the Add Port ... button.
d. Select PDF Port and click on the New Port ... button.
e. Select the new folder you created and click OK. Click X to close Printer Ports dialog.
f. Make sure the new PDFPort is selected
g. Click on the Advanced tab. Select "Spool print documents so program finishes printing faster " and "Start printing after last page is spooled " options.
h. Click Apply then click Close. You should be able to successfully create a PDF file using Distiller next time you launch P3.

Paul E Harris
Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd, Melbourne, Australia
Planning and Scheduling Training Manual & Book Publishers & Consulting
www.eh.com.au

Mangesh Khuspe
User offline. Last seen 28 weeks 15 hours ago. Offline
Hi,

I had set default page size to A3 size but when i use picture preview command it shifts back to letter size,
is there any way to preview picture in A3 size, i searched all options but i could not do it. i m using p3 version.

regards
mangesh
Bijaya Bajracharya
User offline. Last seen 8 years 1 week ago. Offline
Clive, I don’t understand your comment.
Clive Randall
User offline. Last seen 16 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Just another one of those really great benefits of using P3
Bijaya Bajracharya
User offline. Last seen 8 years 1 week ago. Offline
To some extent it seems a problem with Acrobat. If you use other pdf writer like Cute pdf writer (available free to download), you can just choose that printer as specific printer without changing the default printer.

Karim Mounir
User offline. Last seen 9 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
U must define the pdf printer as the default one, there is no way to print on any other one (rather than the default printer) using P3.