Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Why my Percentage of completion is so low?

4 replies [Last post]
Juan Quintero
User offline. Last seen 18 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi All,
I have an issue here.
I’m working in some houses schedule; I create the schedule with estimated durations, and also the lump sum amounts that each activity carries.
The duration of one of the houses is 90 days, and I’m doing the update at day 60. All the activities are on track (with very little differences in the duration), the amount spent up to date according to the resource loading is 58%.
My problem here is that the schedule summary bar shows only 53%.
Is any other factor that primavera need to calculate a percentage of completion accurate?

Thanks
Juan

Replies

Henk van der Heide
User offline. Last seen 6 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Percentage complete at summary levels only works correct for money. (Primavera enterprise) because money is the only part what can be added. so Check if every activity has a cost budget. it can be from units (units x rate) or else. Check also if you’ve a budget (cost) at completion and check the earned value (cost). also check your actual and remaining costs. If these values are correct on activity detail your % complete on summary level should be correct.

kind regards

Henk

Ranilo Asiao
User offline. Last seen 11 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,

Please, investigate the parameters of the 58% and 53%, maybe 58% is based on resources as you said but the 53% is based on total duration or cost. We need to compare two things in the same case means apple to apple not orange to apple.

best regards
Razi Khan
User offline. Last seen 7 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,

Check Summary bar "opition" !

Whether it is Duration, Resource or Cost ?

Cheers
Urva Sudhir Kumar
User offline. Last seen 12 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Juan

Did you checked the resource curve projection? is it linear?