Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Suspension of work

5 replies [Last post]
Moosa Ali
User offline. Last seen 16 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
My doubt is regarding suspension of work coming in the cash flow.

For eg: I have the BOQ amount for block work.

But there is 45 days gap between solid block work and hollow block work.

After making all the activities related to block work, I connected them all through one hammock and the BOQ amount I given to that hammock as cost.

But when I am loading the cost it will come all days, including the non work period of 45 days. If I can suspend the work for block work, then it is ok.
But in hammock, suspension of work is not possible. Suspension of work is not possible in baseline also.
Without putting the cost for all the activities related to block work by breaking the total BOQ amount for block work; is there anyway to do get the cash flow omitting the non work period?

Pls help

Moosa

Replies

Moosa Ali
hello Steven & Noufel.
Thanx for your suggestions.
But Steven
pls explain what is meant by Load the activities with values rather than use a hammock.
Steven Oliver
User offline. Last seen 11 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Either

a) Load the activities with values, rather than use a hammock, or

b) Use two resources on the hammock, with seperate calenders, or

c) use two resources and offset the second to the end of the nonworking period.

HTH
Noufel K.Mohamed
User offline. Last seen 1 year 25 weeks ago. Offline
Hello Moosa,

There is an indirect way to solve your problem. Make a new resource curve putting the percentages of usage at your way in the period divisions of the curve template. Then apply this curve to your resource for the hammock activity which will be something like ’Cashflow’. I think your problem could be solved.

Happy Plaaning
Moosa Ali
Hai Steven Oliver,
I am using P3.

I cannot hammock both solid and hollow separately. Because Consultant wants both solid and hollow under block work title.
Not for this also;
some other works with same activities; but some have gap of 1 month with another and all connected through hammock, then how I can get the cash flow omitting the non work period?

Wilth out giving separate hammock there is any way?

Regrds
Steven Oliver
User offline. Last seen 11 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Depends what software you are using. Why not hammock both solid and hollow seperately ?.