Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Multiple Independent Stakeholders

2 replies [Last post]
Jason Brown
User offline. Last seen 12 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Groups: None
We have a current project involving fundamentally enmeshed yet mutually exclusive stakeholders all sharing spaces, costs, etc. Obviously we anticipate that each stakeholder will submit its claim schedule, as opposed to its real schedule, as we proceed (including the team we are tasked with overseeing). No one wants to accept responsibility for managing a "Site Master Schedule", nor do they want to expose their respective schedule at any more than the most summary level. However, it is our task to assess the program schedule for our team and the risk associated both within their schedule and in relation to the other stakeholders’ schedules.

Any ideas on how to attack this?

Also, since I’m already here, anyone worked on any Calatrava projects previously? I’d like to engage in a discussion outside the forum if so.

Replies

Jason Brown
User offline. Last seen 12 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Well...supposedly there will be a "Command Center" leader, though we have yet to see this emerge. Personnally it doesn’t effect us, as we are strictly oversight. The question really relates to risk analysis. Presently the stakeholders list includes 5 owners and 3 Construction Managers, each of whom naturally has their own agenda. We are trying to assess how large this risks are that there will be conflicts in the field, between designs, between contractors, etc. It’s not pretty.
Jaco Stadler
User offline. Last seen 17 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Do you have a Steering Committee. (A Committe who represent all the stakeholders in the management portion)

If yes I would suggest bring the matter to their attention.

Ask them to Dominate a Third Party or assign a responsibilty to a party.

The steering committee will have the power to instruct all the stakeholders to comply with the requirements.

If the steering committee do not agree with this inform them that this will hamper you.

I hope this will assist.