Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Project Concern / Issue

4 replies [Last post]
Kevin Edwards-Bowden
User offline. Last seen 14 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hey, my first thread! Here goes hope you can help.

The company I work for uses MS Project 2002. We use the Progress Mail functionality via e-mail and update the plans with assignees work daily via this method.

Recently, due to a crash on the Resource Pool 11 of my 27 plans took a trip to the funny farm and were returned via back-up from the day previous.

My issue is now that when the progress mails are updated, all previous days time for the given task/assignment are given a zero from the start of the task and only the day the mail is updated registers any time. Does this make sense. Not sure if I am explaining it well. Basically I think the issue is with the Effort Driven aspect/checkbox within the task properties as all tasks seem to have defaulted to checked. So I am currently opening the progress mails and updating the plans manually, this works fine...for now.:-(

On changing this to unchecked the tasks revert straight back to checked on reopening the project after saving.

Any and all assistance is greatly appreciated.
Many thanks, I feel this may be something and nothing.

Regards

Replies

Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Ahhh...

Will do.

{:-|}
Bernard Ertl
User offline. Last seen 9 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Kevin, I meant the Microsoft forum (category) here at the Planning Planet. This is the general planning & scheduling category.

Bernard Ertl
InterPlan Systems - eTaskMaker Project Planning Software
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Unfortunately I did and they have taken some 4 weeks to even return mail. I sent a copy of one of the plans for reference but to no avail. They refered me to message boards and forums...

I was really hoping that someone may have come across this problem before.

Many thanks for the welcome. :-D
Bernard Ertl
User offline. Last seen 9 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Kevin, welcome to the Planning Planet!

You should have posted this in the Microsoft forum for better visibility of members who use Microsoft Project since this a software specific issue.

Bernard Ertl
InterPlan Systems - eTaskMaker Project Planning Software