Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P3 Support

1 reply [Last post]
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Does anyone know will P3 still be supported in the future now that P3e and P3eC are introduced. I have asked Primavera in London with a couple of different answers. I would appreciate some Planners views

Much Appreciated

Replies

Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I do not work for Primavera, Inc., so what I say here is not ‘official.’ The issue of P3 support WAS a big issue right up to last year’s Primavera User’s Conference.

First off, Primavera is bound by warranty to support P3 for one year from the day that you bought it.

Up to the date of last year’s User Conference, the Primavera Party Line was that support for P3 would be halted in 2005 in favor of everyone moving to P3e, P3e/c, or Teamplay. Primavera’s view is that these programs have all of the features of P3 and then some for the same price. It was becoming more and more difficult to add features to P3 as it was written with an old compiler based on 16-bit code.

Apparently, Primavera took so much flack for this policy that they publicly reversed course last year. The policy now is that, “Primavera will continue to support P3 as long as there are customers who wish to use it.” Considering that there are 10-year projects out there that are just starting, that is quite a pledge.

ON THE OTHER HAND, Primavera is keeping their pledge to stop adding new features to P3. Unless a bug fix is required, there will be no more updates past P3 Version 3.1, Service Pac 1. All new features (well over a 100 now and climbing rapidly) will only be added to the P3e, P3e/c, and Teamplay products.