Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Auto Planning / Programming

8 replies [Last post]
Darrell ODea
User offline. Last seen 18 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Has anyone come across a Planning Package, that works primarily on numbers / data calculaion.

Say that in Excel we create a spread sheet, with Quantity (Q)of material, Number of Resource (R), we can calculate just a pure unrestricted duration. I know excel will create a form of bar chart.

But what I am looking for is a package like say P3 or Teamplan that will give the duration of an activity a calculated numerical value at least on the criteria above.

Perhaps this is already possible?
Please advise.

Darrell

Replies

Bernard Ertl
User offline. Last seen 9 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Yes, it works best with projects of a repetitive nature such as maintenance projects or construction work.

It can also be used to define a decision tree for field personnel (such as determining the correct procedure for a software installation based upon a clients current database/network configuration).

Bernard Ertl
InterPlan Systems Inc. - Project Management Software, Project Planning Software
Zq qz
User offline. Last seen 12 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
This idea can be done only if youre preparing same project already done or executed, by using this as a template. or make a template for a different kind of project. from that you just change the quantity, then do some global change or import / export to change duration and required resources.
Darrell ODea
Will do..
Bernard Ertl
Darrell,

Please fill out the contact form on our website and we will forward a link to download a demo.

Bernard Ertl
Darrell ODea
Thanks Bernard,
Would U send me on a demo. disk?
If this is possible??

Regards,
Darrell

Our eTaskMaker Project Planning Software does what you are looking for. You can define your own variables (like materials) and estimating formulas for durations.

Bernard Ertl
Bernard Ertl
Darrell,

Our eTaskMaker Project Planning Software does what you are looking for. You can define your own variables (like materials) and estimating formulas for durations.

Bernard Ertl
Darrell ODea
In a way, yes. But I want also to be able to see the spread of resource against quantity of material, through visible calculation. We can change resource levels to affect duration. But without seeing quantity of material, say m3 of concrete, you dont necessarilly know if you are over or under resourcing.

I am being clear?

Essentially I want a system like P3 or Teamplan to contain a bill of quantities, that can only be variable if we deem there is a change in their measure. Other than that they have to be finite and static.
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Isnt this what Driving Resources do ?

Alternatively, if this doesnt give the required outcome, you could always import the durations from your spreadsheet calcs or use the global change functions from within P3