Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Tutorial book for P6

5 replies [Last post]
Mostak Mondal
User offline. Last seen 13 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear all,

I’m searching for a good Tutorial book for P6,

I’ll be glad if someone can send a softcopy of a good tutorial book for P6, or even recommend me a one to get.

Thanks and awaiting your reply guys.

Regards,

Mostak Mondal

Replies

Raphael M. Dua
User offline. Last seen 2 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
Raviraj

Yeah, sorry about that. I was not looking at the right posting

I am very glad that you indeed are ethical, as there are not too many of us.

You are quite right about how useful Paul’s site and books are.

He has to be careful as Primavera, were not the most friendly of vendors.

You should get onto Paul and let him know what you would like to see in his next book and how much you like nhis site

Raf

Raf
A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks Raf

I have purchased Paul’s Book on P6 last year and so, assume I am ethical planner.

But most of the planners are asking for the free stuff from Primavera and thats what i have provided.

I still believe, Pauls book is the best in the current market but with due respect, he has not covered lot of topics in that like COST, Global change examples and others (which he has clearly mentioned at the start of teh book itself).

He has done a great work but it is still not worth of what we are paying as an individual. But his website content is too good and is in my favourites list from years.
Raphael M. Dua
User offline. Last seen 2 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
Raviraj

Assuming you appreciate something for which you pay and do want to be an ethical Planner, you should buy Paul Harris’s books on P6 as he tells the potential user exactly how the software works, which is not always obvous form the vendor’s manuals.

www.eh.com.au

is his site, has a great deal of other material as well

Raf
A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Mastak,

Download manuals from Primavera’s FTP site.

http://ftp.primavera.com/docs/6.1/

Since, this is a ftp site, it must be for free issue type. Check with someone for copyright issue. I dont have a clue.

Cheers,

Ravi
Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 1 week 5 days ago. Offline
Hi Mastak

You must not request anything tht will be a breach of copyright.

Best regards

Mike Testro