Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

can anyone help me?! Urgent

3 replies [Last post]
ibrar ulhaq
User offline. Last seen 15 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi all, this is a long shot but here goes…

I am looking to get into Planning; I am currently a financial analyst.
I don’t have any experience of P3/P6 etc
I am in the Sussex/Surrey area and I was wondering if there was anyone who needed an extra hand doing some junior level projects.
I would be happy to take a fraction of the going rate but would require some hands on training?

As I said it’s a long shot but if there is anyone that can help me get my foot in the door- it would be really appreciated.

I don’t think I will find anyone but if there is someone then please contact me on ibz_u@hotmail.com and I can forward my CV could help you out with back log and help me with training?

Please let me know ASAP!

Many thanks

I.

Replies

ehsan rashid
User offline. Last seen 13 years 16 weeks ago. Offline

I think  with such avast practical experience you need not to switch to P3

It is only a tool to help you

But with such ahuge experience you can do better without help of this tool

Marc De Vall
User offline. Last seen 5 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi guys
I too was/are in the same boat,i have nearly 30 yrs in construction exp,manual work,3 years rail exp as well,including possession planning,have completed a basic project managers course,iosh,and read and practised paul harris p3 book and am still waiting for an employer to give me a start in planning,i have emailed my cv to agencies etc but i will never give up so hang on in there ibrar one day it will happen
Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Hi Ibrar

While you are waiting for a future employer to give you a call go the the PowerProject website and down load a 14 day trial version of the software and go through the tutorial.

PowerProject is the most commonly used software in the UK construction industry.

The only warning I would give is that - in my opinion - you cannot plan a project if you do not know how to build it.

The best you can aspire to is a programme scheduler who works the software to interpret a method statement - and even then you will have to know what it all means.

Best regards

Mike Testro