Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Primavera Training

4 replies [Last post]
David Bordoli
User offline. Last seen 8 years 6 days ago. Offline
I am constantly amazed by the sheer number, and basic level, of questions asked about Primavera software - even as far as a thriving trade in P6 manuals, doesn’t this come with the software?

My plea is that that Primavera users try to keep to the Primavera forums in Planning Planet - there are two of them after all. There does seem to be an increasing infection of other forums with. I might have misinterpreted things but I imagined a ‘Planning & Programming Training’ was a place to discuss training, not a place to get it.

So as to not go off topic, may I suggest that before trying to use the software first it would be a good idea to get some training!

Replies

Ferdinand Fincale...
User offline. Last seen 8 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Indeed right Dieter. How I wish.....

I anticipate for the release of Richard’s mass production of his hopefully useful support.

Best regards.
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 5 days ago. Offline
Hi all
In my opinion it is the responsibility - and later the profit - of each employer to train the people before they start planning with a software. It is independent from Primavera, it’s for all scheduling software - especially for MS Project.
Our schedulers all get trained. Either by the German PAR or/and by an experienced planner. From contractors we expect they look for a training before starting work for us.
Regards
Dieter
Ferdinand Fincale...
User offline. Last seen 8 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Hello David and Richard,

I agree to your sentiments about the postings and subjects in this "Planning and Programming Training". In my point of view, maybe this forum is only meant for planning and programming training announcements and its issues.

May I just quote on what David said about the necessity of Primavera Training for planners. As we are all aware of, Primavera program is costly for individual purchase, and besides, what’s the use of purchasing it personally if one will only be working for a company. So, primavera planners then is mostly having their own on-the-job training especially in dealing with the newer versions than P3. Thereby, questions of its utility will for sure be enormous. I think then that companies or employers should realize the need to train their planners and schedulers to adopt in the ever changing development of the program. After all, it is for their benefit of effecient requirement delivery and full utilization of their purchased software. I say so because I haven’t got a formal training yet in P5 which I had been using in my almost completed project. Nevertheless, I managed to work it out on my own with its manual. But honestly speaking, I still have got a lot of unanswered questions on the top of my head regarding the usage of the program that I have to deal with soon.

Lucky are those planners who had been trained by their companies for the work upfront.

Simply sharing.

Ferdinand
Richard Rush
User offline. Last seen 9 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Absolutely, there is planning and there is using Primavera and never the twain should be confused.

I enjoy reading about the inadequacies of P6 vs P3.1.

Hopefully the PP Admin can coax the Primavera nerds back into their boxes...

As you will see David, I am mass producing my hopefully useful support....