Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

sample substantiation report

3 replies [Last post]
Mark Bandong
User offline. Last seen 2 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Hello there! I am very desperate for help.I am new to planning and i am tasked to submit a substantiation report for our notice of delay. I included in my report the clause(s) in the contract related to the delay.I discussed the cause of delay and work delay. I also added and discussed the program i made from p3, the elements i added are the planned early start, early finish, actual start and finish, original duration and remaining duration, variance early start and total float. If you are to assess the program, what will you point out so that my claims for EOT will be denied? And how can i exactly show or calculate the number of delays in my substantion report? Please help. Please,please.

Regards,
den

Replies

Mark Bandong
Dear ravi
Thanks Ravi

I appreciate your reply. Do you have a sample report that u can share to me as a guideline. If you have kindly email it to denmark_zb@yahoo.com. Thank you very much.

Regards,

Den
Mark Bandong
Thanks Ravi,

I appreciate your reply. Do you have a sample report that u can share to me as a guideline. If you have kindly email it to denmark_zb@yahoo.com. Thank you very much.

Regards,

Den
A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,

It depends upon which method u have chosen for analysis of EOT. Impact as-planned, as-planned V/s as-built, as-built but-for, collapsed as-built, time impact or window slice method.

It is necessary to focus the analysis on key areas of delay to avoid unnecessary expense. This makes the method iterative. It is not usually sufficient to simply compare the as-built programme to the planned programme without verifying the planned programme. It is necessary instead to prepare a construction logic which explains the sequence of events and reasons for the actions taken and the delay caused.

Also, you can highlight the events (By adding summary bars) in three ways:

- Delayed Events (Delay by client which cannot be mitigated)
- Mitigated Events (Delay by client but mitigated by contractor)
- Planned Events (New activities or variations)

The content of ur layout will change depending upon the method of analysis used. Apart from ur P3 programs and contract clauses, u may add the letters, ERI’s / PMI’s or RFI’s to substatiate your claim, as that will be a key part of your notices sent regarding delays.

Cheers,

Ravi