Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Corrupt database

No replies
Hamza BENOUFIR
User offline. Last seen 13 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello,

A friend got his P6 database corrupt and this is the error he receives

What could be the source of the error and is there any possible solution?

Thanks,

primavera_p6_sc.jpg

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 7 hours 45 min ago. Offline

Living with P6 Databases - ronwinterconsulting

P6 File Corruption - ronwinterconsulting

If database is corrupted restoring last backup can be a lifesaver, only data after last backup will be lost. Data after last backup should be provided by the users, if backup daily or weekly not much might be required.

I do not use P6 but use a file synchronization software [FreeFileSync] that takes a single click and a few seconds to keep the backup updated as it only replaces updated files while the appdata folder is not included in my sync settings. I run it once a day.

The appdata folder is an important file, do not get me wrong, but it can be big and can make sync to take much more than a few seconds. If you have your software installation files and data files you can recover the most relevant if you ever have to restore your computer. In such case I have a preference on a fresh install.

But P6 database is a monster, it may be impractical to use external backup software or anything else other than what Oracle suggests.

Good Luck