Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

How is Lag Finish calculated?

No replies
Thomas Nicholson
User offline. Last seen 20 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Morning all, I've got an activity whose predecessor has completed but in the predecessor tab it says 'lag finish' and it several days later pushing out a date artificially.  I can't seem to find any explanation as to how this is calculated.   Screen shot below of a similar item.  I've checked all preceeding activities and there are none outstanding and none suggesting the date as 6th March. 

Thanks in advance for any assistance. 

screenshot_2023-03-10_093408.png

EDIT - found the issue kinda, so the activity above completed on the 3rd the data date is the 5th and that is what pushed my activity out to the 7th, I don't understand why it couldn't start on the 6th. 

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 1 day 4 hours ago. Offline

It looks a result of Out-Of-Sequence activities. P6 default calculation of relationship lag is based on "Predecessors Calendar" which can be change on Scheduling Options Calendar for scheduling relationship lag to:
1. Predecessors Activity Calendar
2. Successors Activity Calendar
3. 24hr Calendar
4. Project Default Calendar.

You can check which of this option is set on your Scheduling Options so you can identify what is pushing the activity and why? specialy on Out of Sequence conditions.