Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Integrating Document Registers from Sharepoint to Primavera

No replies
Hans Eberwijn
User offline. Last seen 8 hours 20 min ago. Offline
Groups: None

Goodday everybody, 

I'm investigating the options to have a reliably integration between the project documents as they are managed in sharepoint, and the document status in primavera.

I see a lot of planners and project teams, delivering a lot of effort to manualy setup and maintain all the documents and their workflow in Primavera. this is done via excel dumps from the document metadata in sharepoint, and than "manualishly" fed into P6. 

Fact is that in my organisation, Sharepoint for document control is a fact to live with, and so is Primavera. 

Anyone some experiance connecting SharePoint document status information in a practical way?

Or as a second question: Does anyone have experiance in reflecting the document register status in Primavera in a pragmatical way? 

P.S. I want to steer away from the discussion if all documents should be in the P6 schedule or not, I found that there are many other forum topics on this matter. 

Kindest regards,

Hans