Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Dates we need to ignore

No replies
John Reeves
User offline. Last seen 8 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

I set up the usual start, finish (better than ES,EF) and then the Later Start, Late Finish.  For simple things like my Start Milestones that have ACTUALS, I get a value in the Late Start and even worse gives me a big float bar.  There should be no float on an ACTUALIZED Activity.  So this is just data we have to ignore? Where does this date come from / what does it mean? I assume some people set up UDF fields and just copy the remaining work to be less complicated for novices but this seams so strange it makes me feel I am not setting up correctly. I used P3 for so long, sometimes the differences still confuse me.

Santosh Bhat
User offline. Last seen 51 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

John,

Ron Winter provides a great explanation of this in this article available from his website:

http://ronwinterconsulting.com/The_Inner_Workings_Of_P6.pdf

Skip to pg12.