Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Global Change - Status Indicator for expiry date alerts

3 replies [Last post]
THEO MANIFAVAS
User offline. Last seen 3 years 45 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

hi

wandering if someone can please help me with this

i have created a User Defined Field (UDF) named Insurance Expiry which i have allocated this with a date field so i can track when a resources liabilty insurance expires. 

i have also created a UDF called Insurance Indicator which i have assigned Indicators as the date type for this UDF

i then created 3 global changes

global_change.jpg

which i want to work as follows

INSURACE EXPIRED = red cross indicator when Insurance Expiry date is after the data date (DD)
INSURANCE EXPIRY WARNING = yellow warning indicator when Insurance Expiry date is within 10 days after the DD
INSURANCE OK = green tick indicator when Insurance Expiry date is 10 days plus after the DD

So the idea is that we enter the Insurance Expiry date for each resource and then based on scheduled DD, the Insurance Indicator column will display the correct indicator based on the parameters as detailed above. 

I can't get this to work however so not sure if i'm entering the info wrong in the global change? see below

modify_global_change.jpg

or is there something else i'm meant to be doing to get it to work?

thanks in advance

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

when you say i have created a User Defined Field (UDF) named Insurance Expiry which i have allocated this with a date field so i can track when a resources liabilty insurance expires. 

did you use start or finish date ?

THEO MANIFAVAS
User offline. Last seen 3 years 45 weeks ago. Offline

hi

thanks for pointing that out

yes i did realise the last Global Change had CD instead of DD
I was just trying to see if this worked over DD as i could't get the global change to work at all in terms of displaying the indicators within the activities view (the global change processes once you click Apply Change in terms of providing the report however this doesn;t then filter through into the activities view in the column) i.e this section remains blank 

capture23.jpg

just wandering if i'm missing a step or doing something wrong in the filter which is stopping it from displaying correcty?>(noting that the DD i have using the above exammple is set to 17/5/20 so the INSURANCE EXPIRY WARNING INDICATOR should come on but it doens't for some reason)

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

the last one you have cd not DD in the value