Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Purpose of Retired activities in Schedule

3 replies [Last post]
Nathan Siva
User offline. Last seen 51 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Expats,

In one of my UK clients schedule, they advised  to retire completed activites and non performing activites in the schedule. and my collegues recommended to change the duration of non performed activities duration to 1D in the schedule to avoid those activities in critical path.

Can you please explain the purpose of retiring the activities in the schedule?

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

Glad I could help 

Nathan Siva
User offline. Last seen 51 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

Thanks for the detailed explanation Zoltan. it  makes sense.

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

an actviity can be in one of 4 categories

not started

in progress 

completed

modified in progress using suspend and resume

whne you say retire completed I do not know what you mean ? I also do not know what a non performed actviities are

if you mean the activities are no longer in the scope then I would should show the same actual start and finish date equal to the date that you were told that this activity is not longer in the scope. 

PUtting 1 day duration WILL make them critical making them complted will not

I would also assign an activity code theses and make a comment in the notes tab. This way you can filter and gropu these if need be.