Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

NAN & INF

3 replies [Last post]
Warren Sika
User offline. Last seen 4 years 2 weeks ago. Offline

Hello everyone.

I have problem with getting a NAN and INF in my Revised Baseline.

Scenario is this:

1. Baseline has actuals and loaded with Resources

Prior to getting the NAN (Total Float) and INF (Original Duration), all resource curve are in dafault but when I change some Resource Curve (i.e. Front Loaded), I get this NAN and INF.

Does anyone know how to solve it? Is changing the resource curve will cause this?

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

WRONG 100% WRONG !

budgeted units will NOT chnage if duration is changed (if i change to fixed duration & units/time).  

hence the word FIXED DURATION & UNITS/time

Warren Sika
User offline. Last seen 4 years 2 weeks ago. Offline

Thank you Engr. Zoltan. Unfortunately, I dont want to mess my other data as this will cause changes to budgeted units whenever duration is changed (if i change to fixed duration & units/time).  Is there any other way? I guess keeping the resource curve to default will help. I don't know if I am correct. Appreciate your help.

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

change the duration type to fixed duration & units/time. You can add a column for duration type do the first one then doa fill down

also in the PROJECTS directory under the Resources tab uncheck drive activity dates by default