Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Adding/Editing project level layouts in P6 vs Global rights

8 replies [Last post]
WI Planning
User offline. Last seen 4 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hello Is it possible to have users set up to add/edit project level layouts in P6 without them also being able to add/edit global layouts? Trying to lock down the global data we currently hold without reams of additional global data being generated, and aim to reassign layouts etc to be owned at project level for specific planners to maintain, but in doing this none now have access to edit these project layouts. Is there a way to achieve this whilst at the same time locking down global rights to one or two users? Thanks

Replies

WI Planning

Thanks all. 

Yes i've checked and the layout filters are specific to the project that is open, so i've got no idea why this option is still greyed out for our users.

Only workaround aside from re-granting global access is to have them copy project layout filters to user level and amend them there, but that is not an ideal solution.  

A real head scratcher this one has proved to be!

Santosh Bhat
User offline. Last seen 51 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

The issue may be that the filter they are trying to edit, is not related to the projeect currently open. I know in past versions of P^, there was a problem where ALL project filters were displayed regardless of which project was open, but you could only edit the filters associated with the project open, and there was no way of identifying (other than by naming the filter accordingly) to which project they were associated wtih.

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 days 2 hours ago. Offline

what classification are these users ?

WI Planning
Hi all thanks for the responses to date. All users have access to respective EPS nodes and all project level security profiles have the functionality for amending layouts at project level enabled, but the option for users to modify project level filters is still greyed out which is causing me confusion. Is there any reason why this would be the case? Assume that project level filters would be editable with these settings enabled? Many thanks
Santosh Bhat

Just being a bit more spefici about the differences between Global and Project security privileges.

Zoltan Palffy

Santosh thats what I tried to explain

Santosh Bhat

Are you sure you're looking in the right section? Saving Project Level layouts is a Project Security setting and also requies the users to have access to that OBS node. Saving Global layouts is a Global security setting 

Zoltan Palffy

yes just set the rights it in their users profiles