Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Primavera Layout - Information fetch

2 replies [Last post]
pulkit verma
User offline. Last seen 4 years 38 weeks ago. Offline

Hello Folks,

Scenario - There are many UDFs used in different Layout. (Total Layout-2000+)

User has discountinue 2 UDF and now they want to know in which layout this UDF is getting used. Is there any way to find out from backend because checking one by one is not a acceptable choice.

Table - Viewprop I can see the layout name but further more how to check there colomn or through UDF name/ID if there is way let me know.

DB - Oracle

Primavera-  Version 15.2

It will be great if someone provide me possitive response

Replies

Santosh Bhat
User offline. Last seen 1 year 2 weeks ago. Offline

Zoltan, I think the question is about understanding which *layouts* use the UDFs rather than which UDF's are in use.

You'll need to determine the UDF ID first, and the easiest way to do this is to assign an activity with values against those UDF's and then export to XLS, the exported XLS will indicate the UDF ID in the frist hearder row of the data.

From there you'll have to match that ID against the layout table.

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

you will have to run this query 

Query to determine which User Defined Values (UDFs) are not assigned values and not in use: select table_name as Subject_Area, udf_type_label as UDF_Namefrom UDFTYPE uwhere not EXISTS (select * from UDFVALUE uv where (uv.udf_type_id = u.udf_type_id))