Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Configuring the database

7 replies [Last post]
Kevin Rayner
User offline. Last seen 2 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

A couple of weeks ago I couldn't open my 8.2 stand alone P6 on the laptop loaned to me by the consultancy that I am contracting through. Didn't get any help and got the problem fixed by taking the laptop to a local repairer who deleted quite a few viruses.

P6 now opens but is asking to configure the database. Before I do this I want to verify whether the data in P6 is safe if I configure the database or will configuring overwrite the data?

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

SOLUTION I: Start the listener:

1. Click Start >> Run
  2. Type 'services.msc' and click 'OK'
  3. Locate the following two services and right click on them to start them:
    1. OracleXETNSListener
    2. OracleServiceXE

SOLUTION II: Change XE to Use IP Address

Use IP address in tnsnames.ora and listener.ora instead of hostname.

SOLUTION III: Change XE to use localhost

Change the hostname references in the listener.ora and tnsnames.ora to 'localhost' and restart the Oracle services. If that does not resolve cause number three, comment out the 'sqlnet.authentication=(NTS)' line in the sqlnet.ora file.

SOLUTION IV:  Provide read&write grants to the folder OracleXE

Make a right click to the folder OracleXE by default located in the C drive, select properties->security tab.

Click on edit.

Select the username or group you require to add the new permissions and select read & write grants and click ok to save the changes.

Solution 5: Create a rule allowing traffic through on the port to the listener.

Bian Mutang Tagal
User offline. Last seen 1 year 29 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Kathiravan,

Your best best would be to consult those who originally installed Primavera P6 on your computer. This is because quite a few credentials (database, pubuser and privuser, and P6 login) are created during the installation process.

We would like to help you, but for us to guess these credentials for you would be beyond difficult.

kathiravan govind...
User offline. Last seen 3 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Hi, Im getting this error while trying to configure database. "Bad public user name or password. ORA-12541: TNS:no listener;" Any fix for this error? ThanksKathir
kathiravan govind...
User offline. Last seen 3 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Hi, Im getting this error while trying to configure database. "Bad public user name or password. ORA-12541: TNS:no listener;" Any fix for this error? ThanksKathir
Kevin Rayner
User offline. Last seen 2 years 38 weeks ago. Offline

After entering the confurration tool and entering the username and password it come back with Database log on failed. Bad public  username or password. Cannot find OCI DLL:oci dll;

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

try this

select yes

if you are using the oracle database

the driver type is Oracle

The connection String is XE

for the user name type pubprm$pm

for the password they the password of you know it of not try admin1

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 31 weeks 5 hours ago. Offline

Congiguring the Database in P6 means it will not change anything inside the Database.

It is the configuration to connect the P6 into the DB, just to input the Database alias, Driver Type, Host Name, Database Name, Username and Password.