Forum Sponsor:

An innovation in P6 Professional training from RPCuk in partnership with Oracle. All the topics that matter to you in workshops customised to your role and industry.  Now get superior training value when you book our Blended Learning Bundle. Learn more here.

Viewer for .xer, xml and xls schedule files Schedule Reader™Free Trial

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Configuring the database

3 replies [Last post]
Kevin Rayner
User offline. Last seen 13 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

A couple of weeks ago I couldn't open my 8.2 stand alone P6 on the laptop loaned to me by the consultancy that I am contracting through. Didn't get any help and got the problem fixed by taking the laptop to a local repairer who deleted quite a few viruses.

P6 now opens but is asking to configure the database. Before I do this I want to verify whether the data in P6 is safe if I configure the database or will configuring overwrite the data?

Replies

Kevin Rayner
User offline. Last seen 13 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

After entering the confurration tool and entering the username and password it come back with Database log on failed. Bad public  username or password. Cannot find OCI DLL:oci dll;

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 hours 16 min ago. Offline

try this

select yes

if you are using the oracle database

the driver type is Oracle

The connection String is XE

for the user name type pubprm$pm

for the password they the password of you know it of not try admin1

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 1 hour 49 min ago. Offline

Congiguring the Database in P6 means it will not change anything inside the Database.

It is the configuration to connect the P6 into the DB, just to input the Database alias, Driver Type, Host Name, Database Name, Username and Password.