Forum Sponsor:

Viewer for .xer, xml and xls schedule files Schedule Reader™Free Trial

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Managing big projects with P6 EPPM (web-based)

2 replies [Last post]
Chary Chary
User offline. Last seen 38 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear all, I just wanted to check whether somebody has practical and real experience of managing large projects (hundreds of tasks) with P6 EPPM (web-based). It is clear, that desktop version allows managing big project, but web-based??? Having working with it for a while now (with small projects) I have my doubts whether it is really usable for big ones. It is so slow, often loses connections and requires periodic browser refresh, because it stops working properly, that I am not sure at all it is practically usable for big projects. What is your experience?

Replies

Chary Chary
User offline. Last seen 38 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Santosh,  

I work in the company, where EPPM was implemented by a management decision, so I don't have too much choice.   And for our not big projects it works well (there are challenges in integration of P6 with Oracle ERP, but this is another story) But my question is: what is peoples experience in using EPPM for large projects? What is the practical project size limit somebody reached? In general, what are the areas, where EPPM is used? I am reaching on this forum, because here I shall get a more real picture, then from Oracle marketing web site.
Santosh Bhat
User offline. Last seen 15 hours 14 min ago. Offline
Stick to the P6 professional client. EPPM web-based is not designed for large scale schedules.