Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

XML import assistance

4 replies [Last post]
Rodney Jones
User offline. Last seen 2 days 1 hour ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Everyone,

I am having trouble importing this xml file (from MSP), there are Zero resources, costs, expenses or anything else, just activities, duration, manhours and some text in msp activity text field text10.

The import fails on my companies server P6 but won't allow me to view the error log!

Would a member please try and import and then export as an xer for me? Hmmmmm, how do I attache the xml file here?

Thanks,

Rod

Replies

Rodney Jones
User offline. Last seen 2 days 1 hour ago. Offline

All sorted, the msp file had a line item with duration but no text in the Activity Name field, that was causing the import to fail.

Now, how do I close this post?

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 days 14 hours ago. Offline

check you messages here 

Mansoor Sadiq
User offline. Last seen 5 years 21 hours ago. Offline

Let me check the import issue, if you can share it at mansoorsadiq@gmail.com

Mansoor

Mansoor Sadiq
User offline. Last seen 5 years 21 hours ago. Offline