Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Remaining Duration - Update Automatically?

1 reply [Last post]
Emma Lang
User offline. Last seen 1 year 41 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Is there a setting so the Remaining duration updates automatically for activities which are in progress. 

I.e. for a 10 day duration with an actual duration of 5 days then the remaining would be calculated to 5 days?

I currently have a 64 day activity, when I schedule it a a few weeks later than the start the remaining duration is still 64 days. It is set to Physical % Complete, at 95% complete. 

I've tried to change lots of different settings in the project window, user preferences, schedule options etc. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

what you can is to run a global change to make the duration % complete equal to the physcial % complete

go to tool global change 

New

where Percent Complete Type equals Physical 

then duration % complete = Physical % complete

now on the rigth select Change

then on the botton right select Commit Changes