Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Schedule Percentage complete

7 replies [Last post]
adab azeez
User offline. Last seen 2 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Greetings to everyone. Is there any possible technique in primavera to get all the schedule % complete for each day ? Thanks in advance.

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

whats your measuing stick  ? Manhours, dollars units ? or do you not have any.

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 32 weeks 18 hours ago. Offline

Set the data date at the end of the working day.

adab azeez
Raymund. I have calculated this daily budgeted cost from Resource assignment. Then on excel I have done copy and paste. Then added the all budgeted cost. After that divided daily budgeted cost with the total one. And after that I took cummulative budgeted cost too.. But my schedule % calculation is different by 2 or 3 from the primavera schedule percentages. And unfortunately Unbale to track the fault.entire schudule is resource added.
Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 32 weeks 18 hours ago. Offline

Hi..

Divide the Daily Budgeted Cost by the Project Total Cost then multiply by 100%.

That shows the Daily Schedule % Complete.

Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 2 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
That's easy, I mean if you were referring to "planned % complete" (meaning - baseline % complete). You can do that automatically anyway you want. Of course you have to move data date at anytime you want, which means that your schedule is progressing exactly as planned. Your "planned dates" shall automatically become "actual dates", everytime you update or move your data date. You can generate a tabular report, showing daily, weekly, monthly or whatever you want.
adab azeez
Thank you Anoon, how would we know all the schedule % complete at a time corresponding to planned dates ? My project start date is 3 January. And I want to know the schedule% complete for each day. In order to know this I am changing the data date each time and then scheduling it to see the % complete, which is a long procedure. Any shortcut for this ?
Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 2 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Yes, if you're planning unit is "day", then for sure you will get your corresponding percent complete per day.