Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Primavera P6 EPPM 18.8 Publish Projects and Team Usage

4 replies [Last post]
Steve Montgomery
User offline. Last seen 4 years 50 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I want to display my project's resource allocations in team usage, but I keep getting the message:

"One or more projects are not published. Publish projet to view data."

Unfortunately, when I try to publish my project I find that the "Publish Projects" feature is dimmed out or not active.

Is there some reason I am unable to publish my project? What do I have to do to publish my project?

Replies

Steve Montgomery

I managed to figure out how to publish my projects in P6 EPPM v18.8. In Set Project Preferences select Analytics & Services and toggle Enable Publication.

I published my project, but when I go to "Team Usage" I get the message "Publish Project to view data". P6 EPPM v18.8 view status service says my project is published until I go to "Team Usage", so I'm not sure what the problem is. Any thoughts?

Steven Auld
User offline. Last seen 6 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Sorry, got confused with the team member application that requires an additional license.
See https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E75419_01/English/Configuring/p6_eppm_bi_publ... to see if that helps.
Steven
Steve Montgomery

Okay, so I need the Team Usage Module to both publish and view resource allocation data? What exactly does Publish Projects do?

Steven Auld
User offline. Last seen 6 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
If it is dimmed out, it is likely to be either a permission issue, or that you do not have a license to use the team member module.
As far as I am aware the team member is an additional option in P6.
Regards,
Steven