Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Changing in Finish Date

9 replies [Last post]
Suhaib Nassar
User offline. Last seen 5 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear all,,

BL1 finish date of the project completion is shown in my client's primavera as in July whereas it is in Septemper, I sent him the PDF file but he still needs the Primavera version, what is the problem is it in my software or his? how to solve it? 

Regards

Suhaib

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

glad I could help 

Suhaib Nassar

Thank you Mr. Zoltan

Zoltan Palffy

when you same SAME calendar are they both using the default calendar if so then this is your problem they are different. 

Suhaib Nassar

Dear Zoltan,

I tried to choose each option under Calender for Scheduling Relationship Lag, yeah the dates were changing but not exactly as per his file.
I have made sure before that we both are using the same calender. Any other ideas?

Suhaib Nassar

Dear Zoltan,

I tried to choose each option under Calender for Scheduling Relationship Lag, yeah the dates were changing but not exactly as per his file.
I have made sure before that we both are using the same calender. Any other ideas?

Zoltan Palffy

1st make sure that you are using the same calendars. Expecially if you are both using the default calendar.

2nd ask him to look at his schedule options f9 then options and see what he is using at the bottom of the general tab where it says Calendar for scheduling Relationship lag and make sure that they match

Suhaib Nassar

Dear Santosh,
I also have added BL Project Start & BL Project Finish columns, it also has the same finish date of BL1 which is in Septemper.

Dear Kirill,
Yes, I am sure he is using the same schedule

GUYS, I just found something cuz he just sent me his file
For example, the Finish date of activity (A) in 1-Oct-2017 with finish to start and (5) days lag with activity (B), and day 6-Oct-2017 is the holiday.
in my file, the Start date of (B) will be in 7-Oct-2017, whereas the Start Date of (B) in his file is in 5-Oct-2017
I think that there is one uncounted day in my lags, how can I maintain that?

Regards

Santosh Bhat
User offline. Last seen 1 year 2 weeks ago. Offline

BL1 is what is referred to as the Primary Baseline, not the PROJECT Baseline. Make sure you have the right baselines referenced.

Kirill PM
User offline. Last seen 4 years 10 weeks ago. Offline

Does your client really has BL1 at his schedule? Maybe he doesn't and you see some early planned finish