Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Export relationships to .xlsx Excel

5 replies [Last post]
Alvaro Manso
User offline. Last seen 6 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi everybody.

This is my first input to planningplanet. Sorry if it was answered in the past. I coudnt find anything about it.

The point is that the projects I usually hande have more than 65000 relatioships. I use P6 version 15.1 and the only export format I get is in Excel (.xls). And that kind of excel have a limitation of 65000 rows.

Is there any way to get an export on .xlsx (Excel 2010 or above) directly from P6? It's getting impossible to export all relationships at a time whe my projects reach maturity.

Thank you in advance

Replies

Emad Mofarej,PMP,...
User offline. Last seen 2 years 51 weeks ago. Offline

Create a relationship report and add whatever column you want in it and save it in csv or txt format of your choice.

But if you are just looking for the complete list of relationships you really don't need any of them!

Go to Report window > click on the create new report button> Select activity relationships. select columns that you need (probably pred activity id, description, rel type, lag, successor act id and desc, etc)  and group and sort and filter of your choice and run it ans save it as Delimited Text File and use CSV as the file extension. you can then open it in excel.

In case you are trying to modify those relationships you can use third party softwares. The best free software is XERfileparser. I don't get into that since I don't want to bore you with the details of how modify relationships directly in XER or by using the third party softwares.

Emad Mofarej,PMP,...

Create a relationship report and add whatever column you want in it and save it in csv or txt format of your choice.

But if you are just looking for the complete list of relationships you really don't need any of them!

Go to Report window > click on the create new report button> Select activity relationships. select column that you need and group and sort and filter of your choice and run it ans save it as Delimited Text File and use CSV as the file extension. you can then open it in excel.

In case you are trying to modify those relationships you can use third party softwares. The best free software is XERfileparser. I don't get into that since I don't want to bore you with the details of how modify relationships directly in XER or by using the third party softwares.

Emad Mofarej,PMP,...

Go to Report window > click on the create new report button> Select activity relationships. select column that you need and group and sort and filter of your choice and run it ans save it as Delimited Text File and use CSV as the file extension. you can then open it in excel.

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

just do it in parts that equal 65000

David Kelly
User offline. Last seen 1 year 37 weeks ago. Offline

No.

There are very clever commercial solutions to your problem.  Probably the best out-of-the-box solution is to export an XER file, and edit it. Not difficult, just not very automated.......